Caffeine, we like it. We’re obsessed with that buzzy, energetic feeling we enjoy after knocking down a big ol’ cuppa. But we’re about to take it up a notch (or six). Welcome to CUPS kitchen.
We’re getting extra spirited with today’s Irish Coffee recipe:
How to Make a Seriously Smooth Iced Irish Coffee🍀
If you’re rolling your eyes right now because you’ve experienced a mediocre Irish Cream Coffee before as some sugary nightcap in the back of a loud bar, stay tuned. We’re going to teach you how to make a refreshing Iced Irish Coffee the right way.
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Jameson Whiskey
- Your Favorite Coffee Roast (we used a Chemex)
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Mixing Bowl
- Cute Cups/Glasses
- Coffee Maker of Choice
- Spoon some brown sugar into the glasses you picked out — up the sugar for those with a sweet tooth
- Drizzle in some maple syrup (the real kind, sorry Aunt Jemima)
- Add one shot of Jameson on top of the sugar and syrup, then stir with spoon. OBVI add more whiskey if you’re hardcore.
- Make the coffee as the sugar dissolves in the whiskey, fresh coffee is key — your favorite hot brew will be perfect
- As the joe is brewing, pour a generous amount of heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar into the mixing bowl, whisk rapidly until thick and fluffy. Store in refrigerator
- When ready, add ice to sugar/whiskey mixture, pour hot coffee into the glass. Add more ice if needed.
- Top with a huge helping of your freshly-whipped cream
- If you’re fancy, drizzle maple syrup and sprinkle sugar on top
- Sip. Ahhhhhhhh.
Too Long; Didn’t Read: We made you a video.
Stay tuned for more great coffee recipes! We’re also giving away some free CUPS plans, so head over to our Twitter for a chance to win – all you have to do is retweet our video and tag your friends.